Search This Blog

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Last Post

It's only been five years since my last post. Better late than never.

I still have a garage full of vintage clubs, but I am thinking about trying to get rid of the majority of them.  There's just too many. I do still play them occasionally and still enjoy it thoroughly. When my golf game gets particularly frustrating, I throw a vintage set into a small carry bag and go out by myself for 9 holes. This often works as a reset button for my game, since I just focus on making contact and enjoying the walk.  I would still recommend this as a tonic for any golfer.

The trip to Scotland went off as planned and was terrific.  Highlights included a solid hit with my persimmon driver off the first tee of the Old Course and a 72 at the beautiful old James Braid course at Brora in the Scottish Highlands.  I never was able to get the powers that be at Royal Dornoch to accept my offer of leaving my clubs there for others to use. Too bad. 

I will be writing more about this trip for my new blog, which can be found at linkswanderer.com.  Also, I have decided to play a number of rounds with some of my oldest sets of vintage steel irons and record my experiences before I start getting rid of them.  I already have one post up.  So take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment