Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Good news! The forecast for tomorrow in Charlotte is 60 degrees and sunny. This is a big deal, because I have a tee time tomorrow at 11 at the Ballantyne Resort course- Golf Digest 4 1/2 stars for $49.  My first round in a month.

I decided to play my Wilson Goosenecks since I am extremely rusty and these are about the most forgiving blades I have.  I'll also use my Honma driver and 4 wood because I am used to them.  I have a new-old Wilson George Low 600-like putter that I am going to try for the first time. 



 

 Some of the irons sets that I have chosen to play during my vintage year of golf include:
Hogan Redlines
Hogan Apex II
Hogan PCs
Hogan Radials
Hogan Apex (original model)

Wilson Staff Gooseneck
Wilson Staff Fluid Feel
Wilson Staff Tour Blade FG-17
Wilson Staff (just "Staff" on toe)
Wilson Staff Dynapower

MacGregor Tourney Colokrom (rechromed and reshafted)
MacGregor VIP by Nicklaus (rechromed and reshafted)
MacGregor Jack Nicklaus Muirfield
MacGregor Tommy Armour Tourney 985
MacGregor Tourney CF4000 Cermaic Face

Dunlop Maxfli Australian Blade
Powerbilt Scotch Blade
Walter Hagen Haig-Ultra Contour Sole

More..?

NEXT: First round of 2010 and Looking Forward to St. Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment